Join in action and resistence on May 1st, International Workers Day!
Triangle Unity May Day Coalition and People’s Assembly: All Out for May Day, International Workers Day – May 1, 2017
DEFEND IMMIGRANT, UNDOCUMENTED, BLACK, MUSLIM & ALL WORKERS!
President Trump’s regime has shown in its first 100 days what they are all about: attacks on working people’s healthcare, raids and deportations, and the Muslim ban. In the first 100 days of 2017 we’ve seen increased attacks on women, LGBTQ people, workers, Muslims, Black and Latinx people.
• An end raids and deportations! Stop all check-points!
• ICE out of everywhere - Sanctuary cities, schools, neighborhoods!
• An end to racist police murders and brutality - Police out of our neighborhoods and schools! End excessive funding for police and prisons! Police accountability and community oversight!
• $15/hr, a union and collective bargaining rights for all workers
• An end to Islamophobia and the racist travel ban
• Independent People’s Investigation into the Durham Co. jail.
• An end to wars abroad! Cut funding for Pentagon and NATO to fund the people’s needs!
• Full repeal of House Bill 2 - No compromise with hate! No to Homophobia and transphobia
• Fully funded public jobs program and all public services! NO budget cuts!
• An end to rape culture & violence against women and LGBTQ people
• Environments free from all pollutants such as dumpsites, hog farms and destructive pipelines.
• Free and appropriate healthcare including reproductive and mental healthcare for all.
• Fully funded public schools including full-time teacher assistants, nurses and social workers as well as specialized art, music, world language and P.E. educators
• An end to the school to prison pipeline and a funded implementation of restorative discipline practices
• The right to build political & people’s power in the streets and at the ballot box
Rally: 10am Moore Square Park, 201 S. Blount St., Raleigh
March: 12noon to General Assembly, 16 W. Jones St.
Reunión/Rally: 1pm, Halifax Mall behind General Assembly, Raleigh
Lunch: 1:30pm at NCAE building (700 S Salisbury St, Raleigh)
EVENING ACTIONS IN DURHAM:
2-4pm Forum on Islamphobia: 2pm at Ar-Razzaq Mosque, 1009 W Chapel Hill St, Durham (lunch provided)
5pm - Rally @ Site of new Durham Police Headquarters
6pm - Rally in front of Jail
7pm - Turn up at City Hill
More information: www.trianglemayday.org