Community Relations Manager El Pueblo and Fortaleza
Description of Duties
About the organizations
El Pueblo is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Our mission is to build collective power through leadership development, organizing, and direct action for the Latin American community and other underserved communities. (To learn more about El Pueblo’s values, click here). In 2019, to harness the political power of the Latino community, El Pueblo founded Fortaleza, a 501 c 4 nonprofit organization, to build collective power through political and electoral organizing, political education, and mobilization. Together, El Pueblo and Fortaleza provide the Latinx community and other underserved communities the opportunity to control their own narratives and destinies.
The El Pueblo and Fortaleza offices are located in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are accepting applications from candidates based in the triangle area or with a strong connection to North Carolina who are willing to relocate. At this time, according to our COVID-19 management plan, all staff are working from home indefinitely.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of communication strategies aimed at the Latinx community.
- Knowledge and experience on the management of social networks aimed at the Latinx community.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of strategies that help empower and reach the Latinx community.
- Knowledge of design programs.
- Knowledge and experience in the web page development process.
- Knowledge of the Latinx community in North Carolina and familiarity with immigrant rights groups and organizations.
As a Community Relations Manager, you…
- Will be part of the team that manages our social media accounts. You will be able to experiment creating and developing new ways to reach and engage with our community digitally.
- You will collaborate with our communications manager to expand our reach to the Latinx community.
- You will lead our efforts to create and maintain websites that provide up-to-date information for the community.
- You will work with graphic designers to revamp our brand and create media toolkits.
- You will collaborate with our director and program managers to lead and support our stakeholder groups such as PARE and th eLeadership Community Council.
- You will represent El Pueblo and Fortaleza in bilingual coalitions that focus on community work and advocacy.
- You will support the organization to fulfill our mission as new projects emerge.
- You will have the opportunity to design and flesh out this position!
We are excited about you because …
- You are a leader and ready to support us in creating a new El Pueblo.
- Your are passionate about racial equity, advancement, and upward mobility for the Latino community and other underserved communities.
- You lead with integrity, empathy, and influence; while building consensus, creating alignment, and navigating the interests of intergenerational groups.
To apply for the position, send a resume and a short letter of interest to email@example.com with your name in the title. We are planning to prioritize applications that are received by June 25.
Read full Job description here.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)