Financial Leadership Position | El Pueblo & La Fuerza
Title: Finance Manager or Finance Director
Salary: Finance Manager at $60,000 – $70,000 / Finance Director at $70,000 – $80,000
Full Time: 40 hours/week
We are hiring for a financial leadership role that works closely with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors’ leadership team, and our Bookkeeper to manage El Pueblo (501c3) and La Fuerza’s (501c4) financial activities and ensure compliance. In the midst of significant organizational growth, we are seeking an enthusiastic, mission-driven, and financially savvy leader to join our team. We are seeking someone with managerial or directorship experience.
This position supports El Pueblo and La Fuerza’s financial activities including:
- Multi-year budget creation for both organizations;
- Regular financial process, including internal controls; and
- Annual audit readiness and preparation, and
- Generally support organizational financial strategies for both organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities
Accounting and Financial Management – Strategically support the management of financial resources, budgets, and expenditures to ensure that El Pueblo and La Fuerza are well-equipped.
- Manage tracking cash flow, progress to budgetary goals, and other measurements of progress in our financial operations;
- Support large infrastructure projects (for example: investment strategy) and support both planning and implementation for successful outcomes;
- Support the development of multi-year organizational budgets and regular reporting procedures for cash flow projections and management;
- Prepare financial reports and budgets for funding proposals and expense reports;
- Support the Board of Directors’ finance and audit committees in conducting their responsibilities on behalf of the organization;
- Develop & manage relationships with financial vendors including banking and credit card accounts, accounting firms, retirement advisors, and investment management firms;
- Support annual audit preparations and serve as an internal resource, model, and steward of strong internal controls;
- Manage the hiring of finance consultants, setting up contracts, and other related business aspects of our financial operations, as needed;
- Support Directors in managing their resources along with the Executive Director;
- Support internal assessments on efficacy of internal financial policies and recommend and draft updates, as needed;
- Support the Executive Director with inquiries regarding organizational finances from external partners such as funders, inspiring confidence through representation of El Pueblo and La Fuerza’s values and fiscal responsibility.
Risk Management – Support the regular assessment and mitigation of potential harms to El Pueblo and La Fuerza.
- Support leadership team in ensuring smooth and accurate financial processes including internal controls and annual audit preparation;
- Support the collaborative design of risk management policies and procedures;
- Support and manage the development and implementation of new infrastructure as unique needs arise; and
- Manage all financial risk-management policies, ensuring that policies are effective and meet our goals.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
We are looking for a leader to fill either a managerial or director role within our organizations depending on years and depth of experience.
- Budget management experience, including ensuring that accounting records are maintained accurately, consistently and in accordance with the relevant accounting standards
- Manager: At least 3 – 5 years or
- Director: At least 5+ years;
- Experience in finance work in a nonprofit setting, including grant management and Quickbooks;
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to manage large, long-term, complex projects;
- Self-directed, self-starter that is able to manage multiple priorities on a short deadline;
- Partnering attitude; high integrity/honesty. Promotes accountability for self and others; and
- Bilingual English < > Spanish ability, preferred.
Summary of Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: Finance Manager at $60,000 – $70,000 / Finance Director at $70,000 – $80,000
- Benefits: We provide medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage. We have a generous paid time off policy. We will also provide a laptop and all necessary technology.
- In addition, we are deeply invested in supporting the professional development of all staff members.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line indicating your interest in either the Finance Manager or Finance Director role and your name (no phone calls please):
- Cover letter with an overview of your professional background, interest in the position, why you are qualified and what attracts you to this role at El Pueblo/La Fuerza
- Your resume.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a priority deadline of Tuesday, January 31. The role will remain open until filled.
- Applicants whose skills and qualifications most closely match the needs of this role will be invited to interview with a small panel of La Fuerza and El Pueblo leaders by early February.
- We hope to extend a job offer to one candidate in early to mid February. Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of reference checks.
Should you require any accommodation during the application process, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact email@example.com
El Pueblo and La Fuerza are equal opportunity employers committed to workplace equity through ongoing learning, discussion, investment in training, and continual recommitment to our core values. Members of communities of color, the LGBTQ+ community, immigrant communities, and other historically disenfranchised communities (race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, or prior record of arrest or conviction) are encouraged to apply.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)