For Immediate Release
Angeline Echeverría | Executive Director | (919) 835-1525, ext. 103 firstname.lastname@example.org
William Saenz | Communications Coordinator | (336) 430-8917 | email@example.com
EL PUEBLO RESPONDS TO DRASTIC INCREASE IN ICE RAIDS ACROSS NC
El Pueblo is saddened but not shocked to hear that ICE arrested over 30 employees in a targeted raid in Sanford yesterday as well as multiple individuals who are reported detained in Wake and Mecklenburg counties.
ICE has little to no regard for the wellbeing of individuals and the financial, mental and physical health of their children and loved ones. Students came home from school yesterday to find themselves without a mother or father, with a strong possibility that they may never see them again.
We join dozens of grassroots organizations and nonprofits across the state in urging our state and federal representatives to demand an end to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, as we stand in solidarity with immigrants who have been targeted in an unfair and unjust system.
We are including useful phone numbers and emails below:
- If anyone in your family has been detained in Lee or Chatham counties, contact El Vínculo Hispano de Siler City at 919-742-1448 (If they do not respond, please leave a message with your name and telephone number).
- Consuelo Kwee, Director of Immigration Services, Catholic Charities: (919) 821–8148
- El Refugio en Sanford: 919-352-9709
- Email NCSocialJusticeNetwork@gmail.com
- If you are an attorney who wishes to provide voluntary assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)